Just like our skin gets dry and itchy in the cold winter weather, our pet’s skin can get irritated too! Follow these tips to keep your pup comfortable and free from dry skin during the cold winter season.
- Don’t give your dog as many baths as you normally would. When you do bathe him, use a gentle and soap free shampoo. Tea Tree oil and oatmeal are great skin soothers!
- An exfoliating scrub can help dogs with dandruff. Try DERMagic anti dandruff scrub for smooth, itch-free skin.
- Keep a natural doggie lotion on hand for irritated areas. DERMagic Skin Rescue Lotion provides relief from skin irritations like hot spots, flakes, flea allergies, and dermatitis.
- Use a thick paw cream to lather onto your dog’s paw pads to prevent the skin from cracking.
- Add a high quality salmon oil to your dog’s food daily. The omega 3 and 6 oils provide many benefits to your dog, including helping to maintain a shiny, healthy coat.